DN-E100 is an Ethernet to DeviceNet interface designed as a programmable base
for additional applications. It is a single chip PC with a DOS-like file system.
Including such features as the ability to connect to any computer (desktop,
laptop, etc.) with any OS, the use of time stamps, and an established interface
for custom applications, the DN-E100 is an obvious upgrade for any current
DN-MEM users. The DN-E100 is an ideal hardware platform for developing any
number of custom cross-platform devices. Future applications planned for the
DN-E100 include an interface to ODVA's official Conformance Test software as
well as configuration and diagnostics features.
The DN-E100 also contains a built in web server with a TCP/IP stack.
DeviceNet data can be exchanged using HTML and XML protocols. This feature
permits customizable, cross-platform user interfaces using such standard
custom interfaces or enhance the existing standard web browser interface. All
applications are stored in flash memory and can be uploaded using our
user-friendly DGTools (included) or any standard FTP protocol. An integrated FTP
server allows for the uploading of future and custom applications over any
Ethernet connection. Your own custom applications can easily be added to the
DN-E100 or we can develop user-specific applications available upon request.
The DN-EMU Emulator software application, a general-purpose tool for
developing and debugging DeviceNet nodes, comes pre-installed in the DN-E100.
The Emulator monitors DeviceNet bus traffic, accommodates time stamps, and
generates messages for configuring or testing nodes on the bus.
A serial port is also available, increasing the scope of possible
applications. This port will be initially used for system maintenance, such as
the updating of the BIOS. The serial port can support other diverse uses in
future applications including PPP dial-up via a phone modem, connection to
wireless modem, and many other various RS-232 data gathering devices.
- A standard 80186 processor with 256kB of flash memory
- Ethernet connection with Ethernet Traffic LED
(Now 10/100Mb capable!)
- Active Serial port
- Integrated FTP and HTTP servers
- Configurable IP addressing
- DeviceNet bus powered (11-25VDC)
- DeviceNet communications at 125k, 250k, and 500k
- Diagnostic LED's for Network and Module Status
- DeviceNet Conformance Test interface included!
- No PC software installations required
- Data exchange using HTML and XML protocols
- The DN-EMU pre-installed standard
- A low cost, highly customizable hardware platform
- Compact 5.25" x 3.331" x 1.25" housing with mounting
- DeviceNet Master Emulator (DN-EMU) (Pre-Installed)
- Console DeviceNet Master Emulator (CDMEM) A full
featured DeviceNet Master Emulator, with support for scripting and is
accessible through telnet. (Requires an Additional
DeviceNet Conformance Test interface [PC
DeviceGate Example Applications